La Lista de Geraldo 2007
This decision will probably come back to haunt me...pero, I have
to share it anyway. After all, humor is good for the soul, verdad?
I believe it was the class of 1999 here at BHS? Bill Bahn and Jerry
Gabrielatos along with Jason Delgatto were unos estudiantes in my 7th hour
Honors Spanish 7-8 class and had been students in my 3-4 and/or 5-6 classes as
well. At some point in the late 1990's la lista was created.
What was la lista? It was an ongoing list of silly things
that happened in class (created by someone mentioned above) which usually
contained a script of remarks made during lessons with a funny twist.
Where was la lista stored? In el
hanging from the ceiling in C325.
I had no idea
about this list for many months....I don't remember when it was discovered...I
don't know how it began or when it ended....I don't even remember how I ended up
with the original copy of la lista in my possession. I
do remember some stories about a red sweatshirt
and an occasional reference to a Mayan god (Chac Mool).
Rumors went around for years and eventually died down regarding the once beloved
lista and any continuation of the ritual. Maybe Chac Mool had
something do do with that. Anyway, it was about 7 years later when one of the
participants contacted me requesting a copy of la lista. You see,
it seems quite ironic that one of the above mentioned guilty parties had become
a fellow teacher...(no es un profesor de español). I hope his
students read this message and create their own lista.
happened again. On 2/20/2007 at 8:31 AM, I received an email version of
La Lista Nueva
(I believe much of it pertains to this website)...
- It appears as if I was a pioneer. Many years ago, I started
calling her srtaschiada and now it's a dot com. Who takes advice from
15 year olds?
- Pick a cool Spanish name? Again, I was a pionner (no es un profesor
de inglés) who fought for cool Spanish names like "el Piropo", "Alcoholismo",
- Srta.'s Hot Language Links? Is this the Spanish sex slang that we
all wanted to learn? What the *@$! is a "Hot Language Link?"
- It's obvious that many of the images on the Spanish Club picture link
were found on Google. Everyone knows that nothing has ever been done,
nor will ever be done in Spanish Club. Why is there a wolf on the
- Take another look at the Spanish Club pictures, particularly the
Scrabble board. It appears that many children are being left behind.
Count the number of two-letter words. Tu? C'mon, srta.
- Check ways to earn participation points. Voicemail me? Enter a
private chat with me? Visit me in A300? What goes on at that school
- High quality cartoon on that page, too. Couldn't you at least have
- Spanish Honor Society established in 2000? Just after I left. I
see how it is.
- Importance of Journal writing? Everyone knows we all go to
freetranslation.com and write a bunch of crap about the Mayan God Chac. Oh,
wait, that was just me. That's why my Espanol es malo. Yo
writo muy bien journales, pero mi grado es malo.
- Classic Srta. line to discourage learning:
Srta: The Spanish Moors
bathed five times per day.
Geraldo: How many times do you bathe per month?
- I'm sure she never teaches the vosotros. There have been
many times in a group of Spanish speaking friends that I use the -an ending
to an -ar verb. And she hasn't been there for all the times, they
reply, "C'mon dude, I thought we were friends. You could at least use
the vosotros form."
- The email link on her terrible webpage isn't correct. Gina forgot
there was an "i" in her name. (Gracias, Geraldo, I've fixed